Does it apply to me?

Part P applies to all electrical installation work carried out in dwellings. However, you do not need to notify your local Building Control department about:

  • Repairs and maintenance work or
  • Extra power points or lighting points or other alterations to existing circuits (except in specially defined areas such as kitchens, bathrooms and outdoors)

If you are at all unsure of your obligations you should seek advice from a member of a ‘Competent Person’ scheme or your local Building Control Department.
To find your local Building Control department visit the LABC website
Further information on what work is notifiable can be found in our Part P Notification Guide*

. Areas Covered
. NICEIC Insurance
. Part P
. Company Insurance
. Health & Safety

. Confidentiality
. Security

. Guarantees
. Company Work Policy
. Affiliations

Disclaimer :: Site Map :: Site by Kenetic © Copyright M&S Electrical 2009
Email M&S Electrical Homepage Contact Us Useful Links